As moms, we sometimes feel invincible and that secretly we are superheroes who are immune to getting sick. However, every once in a while a little villain takes us down for the count!
Usually, the first thing that comes to my mind is that I can push through this. But that is not always the case. For instance, I am prone to migraines. I had one last week that took out of the game for a solid day.
I tried to press through it but my body would not let me. So, I let myself get rest. Because if I didn’t, I would be in worse shape the next day.
This works differently of everyone, but here is what I do;
- Have a quick meeting with the kids and share what is going on so they can understand momma is sick and needs to rest on and off throughout the day.
- Nap when you can. Be up when you need to be.
- Put off things that can wait for tomorrow or when you are better.
- Phone in a favor. AKA ask for help. Send an SOS.
- If you have to take care of a task, like feed the kiddos, make the meal simple.
- Schedule a Virtual Doctor’s Appointment if you think you need one and then follow the doctor’s orders.
- Order in food for the night
- Allow your spouse or partner to help
It is important you allow yourself to heal or you might become worse. You owe it to yourself. Come up with an emergency contingency plan with your spouse. This way you’re not stuck in a rut. Or partner with another mom who will help you, and you help her, when sick.
I hope you find this useful!
P.S. For more great content join my exclusive Facebook Group! http://www.https://https://www.facebook.com/groups/375749530104602